Thursday, June 16, 2011

Continued from "our precious angel"

   I know enough about high risk pregnancies, already having been through two, to know that getting pregnant only a year after my previous delivery could potentially be catastrophic for the baby. I know, I said I was upset at first about the pregnancy, but that doesn't take away from the fact that I already loved this tiny human being growing inside of me. Besides, after the initial shock, we were very excited.
   Well this pregnancy ended up being a lot harder and more complicated than anyone, even my OB, ever expected. Just to give you a quick rundown of what all took place: it started with me getting some kind of really bad bacterial infection in my throat (not strep but similar). I ran a fever of about 103 for 2 days, which a fever that high isn't good for an embryo trying to develop its major organs. Not to mention, how awful I felt being that sick and just a few weeks prego! Lol. So I got oral and a shot of a antibiotics (yeah my throat looked that bad).

No comments:

Post a Comment